Recognizing the increasing complexity of our nation’s health care environment, Nursing@Simmons is offering an online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program for board-certified APRNs who have earned their MSN. The Nursing@Simmons online DNP program integrates evidence-based practice with strong analytical and leadership principles to prepare nurses for the highest level of professional nursing practice.
The post-master’s online DNP program is developed for board-certified APRNs who have earned their MSN. This unique program prepares APRNs to advance their clinical practice through the implementation of evidence-based research. DNP-prepared nurses become leaders in a variety of health care settings, transform health care systems and policies, and improve outcomes for patients and communities.
DNP Learning Outcomes
The Nursing@Simmons online DNP program prepares students to:
- Become leaders in organizations and health care systems and promote secure and efficient health care delivery to individuals and populations
- Conduct practice-based research
- Use informatics, data, and technology to improve processes and implement change in health care systems
- Design and apply policies that affect health care financing, safety, quality, practice regulation, access to care, and efficacy of care
- Collaborate with professionals and teams across disciplines to improve health outcomes for patients and populations
- Create and establish evidence-based interventions that enhance population health and clinical prevention
Earn Your DNP Online
Empowering and educating nurses since 1902, Simmons College offers an online doctoral program for board-certified APRNs who have earned their MSN. Nursing@Simmons is designed to bring the Simmons on-campus experience to you through a dynamic, virtual platform.
As a Nursing@Simmons student, you will:
- Enjoy live, face-to-face online classes with esteemed faculty members and peers from across the country
- Balance your personal commitments with your education by enrolling on either a part-time or full-time basis
- Access your coursework 24/7 — at home or on the go — with our integrated mobile app
- Learn in an intimate classroom environment with approximately 15 students per class
- Have professional networking opportunities during the required immersion weekend(s) on the Simmons College campus in Boston, Massachusetts
Not sure if our DNP program is right for you? Learn more about our online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)—Family Nurse Practitioner program for bachelor’s-prepared RNs.
If you are a licensed RN but do not have a bachelor’s degree, you can advance your career as a Family Nurse Practitioner by earning your MSN through our RN to MSN program .
Interested in earning your DNP? Learn more about our Post-MSN to DNP program.